Position: Marketing and Communications Manager
Location: National Badminton Centre, Milton Keynes
Hours: 35.58 hours per week
Salary: Up to £30,000 per annum
How does the role supports our vision:
Love Sport! Love Social! Love to Create!
Nearly ONE million people play badminton every month….. it’s the 4th most participated sport in the country…
Would you like to be fundamental in creating a connection between these players and Badminton England that helps us deliver our strategic goals of getting more people playing, supporting the badminton community and winning more medals? Yes, then read on!
The Marketing and Communications Manager will devise and deliver an annual marketing plan around key business objectives and commercial goals to achieve agreed KPIs. This will include, but is not limited to, raising awareness and interest in the game, planning support for participation programmes such as No Strings Badminton, driving this audience and club players into our membership programme, and our other commercial programmes. You’ll also play a key role in promoting the Yonex All England Championships, driving fan engagement and ticket sales.
The role will also be instrumental in implementing ongoing campaigns to capture the 1 million people playing badminton every month taking part in badminton sporadically, and enhance brand messaging around membership; supporting the brand of Badminton England both from a reach, engage and revenue perspective on a participation and revenue side.
The role is pivotal to the success of the MarComms team, but also requires close working with the Development, Competition and Performance teams to deliver multiple campaigns simultaneously.
- Develop and implement a B2B and B2C marketing and communication plan into campaigns to create a robust CRM journey – acquiring and retaining players, coaches, members, schools and clubs
- Raise the profile of Badminton England’s work, products and services identifying channels, timelines and appropriate evaluation metrics
- Promote the YONEX All England Championship and drive fan engagement and ticket sales
- Create a test and learn, agile environment to deliver campaign acquisition, engagement and cross sell with the wider marketing team
- Manage the implementation, tracking and measurement of marketing campaigns with the support of the Marketing Insight Executive
- Oversee relationships with a range of external agencies, such as designers, who will deliver campaign assets
- Budget, day to day management – to include tracking and reporting on regular basis
- Ensure brand guidelines are followed to develop accuracy of marketing materials and is optimized against the right channel
- Create and post content on Badminton England owned and earned channels in support of objectives
- Work with external agencies to deliver regular reports of campaign results, including web analysis and evaluation of KPIs
- Maintain regular internal measurement of the ROI of campaigns
- Lead day to day activity for the Marketing team from content creation, distribution channels to performance management to support the test and learn environment
- Keep abreast of current trends in marketing – both other NGBs and external industries for continued learnings
- Minimal attendance at various events (weekday and weekends)#
- Occasional involvement in evening media releases
- Annual attendance at the YONEX All England Championship
- To comply with the requirements of BADMINTON England’s staff handbook
- To undertake such other duties as may be appropriate to achieve the objectives of the post (or as may be allocated)
- Ability to think and work strategically combined with excellent planning skills
- Strong eye for detail and creative thinking
- Team player – ability to take people on a journey
- Demonstrate knowledge of what content drives engagement strategies
- Hands-on experience of managing change across digital channels
- Strong knowledge in digital campaign and digital delivery
- Experience of the full marketing mix across all delivery channels
- Pro-active in coming up with new ideas and identifying solutions to business needs
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to develop and utilise insight
- Ability to manage multiple projects and flex plans in response to business demands
- Experience in managing agencies
- Continuous desire to improve
- Desirable – experience in event marketing and working with membership schemes
Submissions are to be completed online by clicking here.
Applications to be received no later than Monday 27 September 2021.
If sufficient high-quality applications have been received, we reserve the right to close the position early. Please ensure that you apply without delay to avoid disappointment.
Badminton England is committed to equality & diversity and welcomes applications from everyone regardless of their gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, background or circumstances.