Chief Executive Officer
Join our team at the National Badminton Centre
Responsible to: Board of Directors
Date posted: 25/10/2021
Application closing date: 19 November 2021
Location: The National Badminton Centre, Milton Keynes, Bucks – Hybrid Working
Working hours: Full-time Monday to Friday 35.5 hours per week – Hybrid/Remote Working
Competency level: 8
Salary: Competitive plus 25 days annual leave and other benefits commensurate to role
Badminton England governs all aspects of a sport played by over a million people every month. As the nation’s most popular racket sport, which is also the fastest of all the racket sports, the unique and inclusive nature of badminton attracts players of all ages, ability, background and gender. Olympic and Paralympic success is at the core of Badminton England’s competitive ambitions but with its 360 approach, the focus on development pathways ensures that badminton continues to thrive at grassroots level and deliver value to all members. Success on the international stage depends on effective inspiration of the next generation of players – and supporters. Badminton England works collaboratively with its partners and stakeholders to provide opportunities for all – from primary school programmes to adult social badminton, from clubs to counties, and from world-class coaching development to major event delivery.
To be one of the nation’s most popular and inclusive sports and to consistently win medals at World, Olympic and Paralympic level
To lead the growth and success of badminton in England
This is a unique opportunity to instil a new, dynamic and innovative culture within one of the UK’s most ambitious NGBs. As CEO of Badminton England you will develop badminton’s enormous potential both to attract new players from all communities to enjoy the game but also to ensure the development of those talented enough to go on to the elite levels of the sport and compete successfully on the international stage. You will be an exceptional leader, committed to the developing your people to deliver Badminton England’s goals. Excellent communication skills and sound business judgement will complement a natural belief in collaborating to get things done.
– Fully responsible and accountable for the delivery of Badminton England’s strategy, business plans and performance
– Complete wide-ranging strategy and culture reviews across the organisation and implement such changes as required to ensure that the sport continues to grow at grassroots level and develops talent pathways to enable all players to reach their full potential and ultimately achieve success internationally
– Build upon badminton’s enviable position as an inclusive sport and ensure that the team reflects its playing community. Celebrate and nurture badminton’s diversity and explore ways to connect more directly with hard-to-reach communities
– Commit to being a highly visible ambassador for the sport and ensure that core assets, such as the prestigious annual All England tournament, continue to thrive and grow their profitability. Establish strong relationships with key funders, Sport England and UK Sport and drive the development of other key revenue streams so that investment back into the sport can increase
– Be committed to engaging with all key stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of the sport at every level; staff, players, coaches, administrators, volunteers
Please apply through the Odgers Berndtson website at www.odgers.com/84270
The closing date for all applications is Friday 19 November 2021.