This summer, all eyes of the Great British public will be on the top class sporting action taking place in Rio.
As our Team GB stars chase Olympic glory, many sports fans will be inspired to leave the comfort of their sofa and rekindle their love of getting active. As one of the brilliant badminton clubs across England, you have a golden opportunity to open your club doors and welcome them to join you on court.
Get your club Rio-Ready by:
1. Sign up! Get involved with ‘I am team GB’ day - the Nation’s Biggest Ever Sports day - on Saturday 27th August
2. Think of an easy to deliver, appealing event to host, such as an open day or outdoor badminton activity. For ideas, check out our BIG BADMINTON SUMMER webpage
3. Keep it simple on the day! Think of some easy games, that can involved lots of players of all ability, such as SmashUp!
4. Check your club contact details are up to date on Badminton England's 'Discover Badminton' Club and Court Finder
5. Follow up! Hand out leaflets or email everyone to remind them where and when your club sessions run
6. Make the most of social media - and get your members to spread the word!
Research has shown new participants are more likely to attend something new if it is LIKED, shared, RT'd and recommended by friends or family.
So encourage your club members to share social media posts and use hashtags like #badmintonblockbuster or #IamTeamGB to spread the word on Twitter or Instagram.
Don't forget to pre plan social media messages to go out across the Olympics and Paralympics. Tools such as those below can save you time and effort in getting your message out there: