Our Top 10 reasons why you should really get involved with SmashUp! badminton
- There’s 22 big hitting badminton challenges to beat your mates at. Being top dog is everything.
- It’s your music playlist that plays out as the soundtrack to the session so make sure your tunes are selected.
- There’s no picking teams and no picking captains (our challenges don’t care about ability).
- You can wear what you want to play in. PE kit is not essential.
- You don’t have to be any good to get involved. Some of the challenges don’t even involve a racket.
- There’s a challenge called ‘Boss the Court’ – and it has its own virtual leaderboard. It’s like ‘winner stays on’ but for badminton.
- Don’t fancy playing for the full 40 minutes? Then sit out a game and play on your phone.
- No PE teachers. An activator takes the session but you decide what challenges take place.
- Hitting it hard is not discouraged. In fact we actually want you to ‘hit it hard’ – otherwise, what’s the point?
- There’s over 35,000 people just like you playing it week in, week out – and TBF 35,000 people can’t be wrong.
Each week, there’s over 1,500 schools, leisure centres and youth clubs across England rocking SmashUp! sessions so, let’s face it, you won’t be able to escape it.
Speak to your PE teacher about when it takes place in the sports hall and turn up, tune in and hit it hard!