Join our team at the National Badminton Centre
Date posted: 15 November 2021
Application closing date: 1 December 2021
Location: The National Badminton Centre, Milton Keynes. Hybrid Working and Flexibility
Working hours: Full-time – 35.5 hours per week
Competency level: 3
Salary: £19,000-£25,000 gross per annum DOE
The Performance Co-ordinator provides efficient, timely and accurate arrangements for tournament attendees for England Performance Programme and England Junior Talent Programme players and coaches. Co-ordinate projects in support of the effective administration of the England Performance and England Junior Performance programmes. Aligned to all of this is the maintaining of accurate budgetary monitoring across both performance programmes with monthly review and quarterly reporting.
Job reference: BEPERFPC151121
Badminton England is the organisation for all things badminton in England for everyone who wants to get involved whatever age, ability or gender. Our people love playing, watching and supporting badminton. We want everyone in England to do the same and become part of the badminton community, whether as a player, coach, volunteer or fan.
With over a million players playing every month, badminton is the nation’s most played racket sport and the sixth biggest sport overall. We want to inspire everyone to play more, support louder and love badminton, from this generation to the next.
The unique qualities of badminton make it accessible and enjoyable for anyone and everyone. And we work collaboratively with our partners and stakeholders to provide traditional and innovative opportunities for all to be involved; from primary school programmes to adult social badminton, from clubs to counties, and from our world class coaching development to our major events delivery.
With Olympic success at the heart of our ambitions, we are investing our knowledge and expertise to build a quality future for our sport by strengthening and evolving the domestic game and developing talent to achieve success on the international stage, inspiring the next generation of players and fans.
- Focus – pursuing goals with clarity, drive and determination
- Ambition – striving to attain excellence with motivation and passion
- Courage – having the confidence to evolve by making the right decisions for the right reasons
- Teamwork – understanding and respecting each others’ roles and being a supportive unified team
To be one of the Nation’s most popular sports and consistently win medals at World, Olympic and Paralympic level
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Tournament and Championship Event Entries
- Submit and monitor player and team entries to international tournaments and championships in liaison with Head Coach and National Pathway Coaches
- Coordinate all logistical arrangements regarding travel and accommodation for players, coaches and support staff
- Support in tracking tournament and Championship event costs for future forecasting
- To remain abreast of Badminton World Federation (BWF) competition regulations, ensuring the implication of any changes to these regulations are appropriately communicated and adhered to
Training Camp Logistics
- Coordinate logistical organisation of training camps for both England Performance Programme and England Junior Performance Programmes
- To manage the timely authorisation of invoices/claims relating to the performance programmes including player/coach expenses and production of PO’s where required through a Finance System
- Process monthly credit card reconciliations
- Provide support in budgetary monitoring of the England Performance and England Junior Performance Programmes cost centres with monthly review and quarterly reporting.
- To manage the use of Hive and keep communications updated
- Management of the Performance section of website, maintaining pages, ensuring it is kept up to date
Player Reviews / Selections (Senior/Junior)
- Tracking and maintaining player results for review meetings
- Coordinating collation of all relevant documentation in preparation for Junior Player Reviews
- Coordinating efficient process for completing and publication of Selection Policies for final sign off with support of Team and in a timely manner
- Setting up of meetings, liaising with Board Members
- Taking minutes of relevant meetings
- Coordinating all necessary communications with regards to Selections/Appeals in line with SOPs process
- Assisting delivery of the UKAD Education Strategy including education, comms, TUE’s and whereabouts
Kit / Supplies
- Manage Team kit coordination and distribution for all Championship Events
- Support Team Admin
- Liaison with support team for ordering of supplies, keeping records – nutrition (re. Supplements and batch nos. for UKAD), physio supplies
Performance Programme Support
- Maintain England Performance and England Junior Performance Programme policies ensuring all are kept up to date.
- Ensure Anti-Doping requirements are adhered to e.g.: TUE, whereabouts and updates to prohibited lists circulated.
- Player performance tracking to support selection panels and programme management – in liaison with Head Coach and National Pathway Coach.
- Liaison with Sports Science Sports Medicine Team for ordering supplies (nutritional supplements (plus batch number testing for UKAD), physiotherapist stock etc)
- Any other support identified to ensure the Performance programmes achieve their performance aims.
- A working knowledge of excel spreadsheets and understanding of how to monitor/plan budgets
- Attention to detail and accuracy are essential for the role; numerically and written
- Experience of working on a variety of projects whilst meetings deadlines
- Experience of coordinating Events/logistical arrangements and bookings with external third parties
- Experience of minute taking
- Excellent personal organisational skills and flexibility in managing responsibilities
- A commitment to team working
- Managing multiple tasks at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances in a fast-moving environment and use initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop positive internal and external relationships
- Willingness to learn
- A working knowledge of how sports performance programmes are organised is desirable but not essential
- Experience of devising and maintaining office systems