Part-Time Catering Assistant (16-24 hours per week)
Join our team at the National Badminton Centre
Date posted: 11 January 2022
Application closing date: 28 January 2022
Location: The National Badminton Centre, Milton Keynes
Working hours: Part-time – 16-24 hours per week to include weekends
Competency level: 2
Salary: £10.50 per hour
Badminton England are currently searching for a Part-Time Catering Assistant (16-24 hours per week, including weekends) to join our team at the Barn Restaurant in the National Badminton Centre.
We are looking for someone has real pride and passion in what they do, is able to engage with all around them, and build long-term rapport with everyone they meet, whether it’s a member of our community, a world -class athlete or one of our people, to create a unique, and inviting guest experience.
You will be responsible for preparation of our fresh food offering, as well as ensuring our facilities are maintained in the standards you’d expect and you’ll need exceptional customer service, attention to detail and the ability to juggle lots of plates (excuse the pun!). A Food Hygiene Level 2 and Food Allergens Level 2 would be great, but full training can be provided.
So who are we?
Badminton England is the organisation for all things badminton in England for everyone who wants to get involved whatever age, ability or gender. Our people love playing, watching and supporting badminton. We want everyone in England to do the same and become part of the badminton community, whether as a player, coach, volunteer or fan. With over a million players playing every month, badminton is the nation’s most played racket sport and the sixth biggest sport overall. We want to inspire everyone to play more, support louder and love badminton, from this generation to the next.
The unique qualities of badminton make it accessible and enjoyable for anyone and everyone. And we work collaboratively with our partners and stakeholders to provide traditional and innovative opportunities for all to be involved; from primary school programmes to adult social badminton, from clubs to counties, and from our world class coaching development to our major events delivery.
With Olympic success at the heart of our ambitions, we are investing our knowledge and expertise to build a quality future for our sport by strengthening and evolving the domestic game and developing talent to achieve success on the international stage, inspiring the next generation of players and fans.
To be one of the Nation’s most popular and inclusive sports and consistently win medals at World, Olympic and Paralympic level
- Focus – pursuing goals with clarity, drive and determination
- Ambition – striving to attain excellence with motivation and passion
- Courage – having the confidence to evolve by making the right decisions for the right reasons
- Teamwork – understanding and respecting each other’s roles and being a supportive unified team
What’s in it for you?
We’re a truly brilliant place to work so, as you’d expect, we have some of the very best benefits around, which include;
- Exclusive discounts and cashback options at a range of retailers and cinema tickets at great prices courtesy of Perkbox
- Free gym membership for yourself and a partner
- Occupational Sick Pay
- Contributory Pension Scheme with employer contributions at 6.5%
- Free tickets to Badminton events
- Access to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) with a 24/7 helpline and the opportunity to have 6 hourly sessions with a trained Counsellor for free
- Free Car Parking
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- 33 days paid holiday a year, which increases to 38 days with length of service (pro-rata for part-time)
- Training to help you develop
- Access to our training platform with resources to develop your skills and knowledge
- Refer a friend scheme
If you are interested in discussing this opportunity with us, then please get in touch! We’re looking forward to connecting with you.
We positively celebrate Diversity & Inclusion at Badminton England. Our aim is to become the UK’s most inclusive National Governing Body – for our staff and members, reflecting and connecting with the diverse communities that we serve. We want people from all walks of life to feel valued for their individuality, thrive in our business and share a sense of belonging. To find out more about D&I at Badminton England, head over to our website to read out Inclusion Strategy.
Reference ID: BENBCHKA011221