Grades are provided to players who are competing to indicate their playing standard and then find sanctioned tournament circuits that meet their on court levels.
A player may request a starting grade to be given before competing to email@example.com. This is advised as it may support your selection if the tournament is oversubscribed. A player can compete without a grade, which will then be automatically assigned during the next grading run after you competed.
The minimum starting grade (see table below) will be provided, unless you wish to appeal for a higher starting grade and can provide clear evidence of your standard against other graded players (see appeals section below).
For the 2022 season:
- All players will be eligible to receive a BADMINTON England grading
- New grading will published on the last Friday of February, June and October.
- Completed tournament results by 12pm on the last Friday will be included in the grading run
- All Badminton England sanctioned events will be included in the grading system
- Players grading can be upgraded or downgraded based upon results in sanctioned tournaments in each grading run.
- U18 ICT, Shires league matches*, Senior and Masters County matches will be included from all divisions
- U17 Players (born on or after the 1st January 2004) will qualify for Senior Silver and Gold if they are graded ‘A-D’ in any discipline, but they must enter that discipline of which they are grade D or above to allow them to enter other disciplines.
- Team events will not award qualifying losses in any discipline.
- There is a Starting Grade for players. See table below