The National Schools Badminton Championships return for the 2018/19 season – and they are changing!
Formerly part of the School Games, the National Schools Badminton Championships has brought class to court for the past 10 years in their current guise, remaining as one of Europe’s biggest school badminton tournaments during that time.
Now, newly revamped for the new season, the Championships will bring to life feedback from PE teams and pupils across England with enhancements that aim to inspire a lifetime love of getting active in your pupils but in a format that better fits with school needs.
And, as a result, we have moved away from being part of the School Games offer. At Badminton England, we are going back to what we are good at – serving up badminton packed with benefits that you, your school and your pupils can celebrate.
Key Changes for the new season include:
- Online entry into the Championships – direct with Badminton England (not through your SGO)
- Byes for last year’s County round winners* (giving more school teams the opportunity to progress to the county round)
- Discounts when you enter 4+ teams (£30 per team before discounts)
- Free entry and shuttlecocks supply if you choose to host the first round
Most importantly, we don’t want your Badminton experience to stop once the Championships are over!
All of your pupils taking part in the Championships will receive free ‘first year’ membership** to Badminton England, unlocking exciting benefits to improve their game on and off court. This will open up opportunities to progress into our brilliant network of junior clubs and more competitive court time.
Your membership will also grant you access to dress like a pro and learn from the best with discounts on the latest kit and major event tickets.
How do I enter the championships?
- Online entry to the Championships will open in September - schools will be notified when this is available
- All schools will be required to enter through Badminton England’s online system (not via their SGO)
- Entry fee of £30 per team (discounts will be applied for entering four or more teams
Further information about how you can sign up will be circulated in September.
If you have any queries regarding the National Schools Badminton Championships please email firstname.lastname@example.org
* School teams handed a bye to the next round are still required to enter using the online entry system.
** Player names and email addresses required to be provided in order to be eligible. Players with existing Badminton England junior membership do not qualify for this free offer.