Did you know Badminton England have re-invested over £130,000 of membership contributions straight back into strengthening the very heart of the club network in the past 9 months?
Now every affiliated club that make up England’s diverse badminton community can tap into a second wave of club support grants as they look to expand their court time provision, grow their membership, improve their local profile or even enrich their volunteer workforce.
As part of the 2018/19 season club affiliation benefits, clubs can now apply to Badminton England for a grant of up to £500 to help their club flourish. Successful applications for grants will be those that are solely committed to offering new court time opportunities to new audiences whilst enhancing the brilliant base of volunteers that deliver the sport.
In the past few months, we have handed out grants covering a whole range of club enhancements, including:
- £500 into Sutton Badminton Club to establish a ladies social badminton session
- £500 in Border Badminton Club to establish a link with two local primary schools by delivering Racket Pack sessions in the school and then signposting children into the club
- £450 in St George’s Badminton Club to enable them to run a ‘Return to Badminton’ course in order to increase membership
- £500 into Fleet Badminton Club to run some beginners sessions to identify and engage new members
Going above and beyond to grow badminton is key to your application and, matched closely to our Discover Badminton strategy, grant funding can be put to good use through:
- Upskilling a volunteer to become a coach.
- Hosting a brand new beginner’s session that feeds into your club night.
- Running an extra session that fulfils the needs of a waiting list of prospective players that your club holds.
- Starting a Women and Girls Only session that takes down barriers to getting on court.
- Linking up with local primary schools to help inspire a lifelong love of badminton.
- Running a Young Leaders course.
- Staging a Club Open Day to engage the local community.
Badminton England’s brilliant portfolio of court time initiatives such as No Strings Badminton, The Racket Pack and Essentials Badminton can also be adopted by clubs to expand their offer.
Premier Clubs, or those clubs working towards to the kitemark, have exclusive access to larger grant awards to support future projects.
If you would like to discuss your club support grant application ideas or a larger grant application further please contact your local Relationship Manger or the development team