The Racket Pack is Badminton England’s new primary age (5 – 11 years) focused initiative. It’s been designed to deliver fun and engaging skill based sessions, ensuring a positive first experience of badminton.
The aim of The Racket Pack is too increase the number of young people taking part in badminton from an earlier age. By providing a positive first experience we hope to increase the number of junior players developing into lifelong players by providing the right opportunities for them to learn.
The offer will feature:
- Progressive session plans following a simple structure of warm up, skill focus, game play
- Modules that cover a half term block to fit with school schedule
- Opportunity for Coach delivered sessions
- Progressive award scheme
- Sessions that can be delivered in any environment regardless of size
- Equipment suitable to the size of the player
- Online resource to enable deliverer to customise their session.
The programme is designed to teach children the correct badminton skills regardless of whether they are in a school, club or leisure centre environment. This means The Racket Pack can be delivered:
- In Curriculum time: meeting national curriculum requirements
- Extracurricular after school club
- In a local club or community setting
The programme is supported by The Racket Pack award scheme which will enable children to follow their progress, collecting certificates as they complete each stage until they can become a member of The Racket Pack.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org