National Grading has been introduced for players of all ages and abilities to identify their individual playing standards - and then find sanctioned tournament circuits that meet their on court levels.
For the 2018/19 season:
- All players will be eligible to receive a BADMINTON England grading
- New grading will published on the last Friday of September, January and May
- Completed tournament results by 12pm on the last Friday will be included in the grading run
- All Badminton England sanctioned events will be included in the grading system
- Players grading can be upgraded or downgraded based upon results in sanctioned tournaments in each grading run.
- U18 ICT, Shires league matches*, Senior and Masters County matches will be included from all divisions
- U17 Players (born on or after the 1st January 2003) will qualify for Senior Silver and Gold if they are graded 'A-D' in any discipline, but they must enter that discipline of which they are grade D or above to allow them to enter other disciplines.
- Team events will not award qualifying losses in any discipline.
- There is a Starting Grade for players. See table below
|Age Group||Starting Grade||Age Group||Starting Grade|
|U11||J||Senior & O35||F|
To adjust your grading, you must first play a minimum of four qualifying matches in each grading period.
A qualifying match is:
- A win against a player/pair* of the same grade
- A win against a player/pair* of a higher grade
- A loss against a player/pair* of a lower grade
Players achieving a 80%+ win ratio will move up a grade. Players achieving a 20% or less win ratio will move down a grade.
* For doubles the individuals grade will be compared to the average of the oppositions grades.