Our new Foundation Coach course is the starting point for people who would like to get into coaching badminton and become a coaching assistant. This course will teach learners to:
- Lead fun games, activities and tournaments
- Understand the badminton landscape and structure in England
- Support a ‘coach’ in the delivery of a session through:
- Delivering appropriate warm ups/ cool downs
- Appropriately feeding
- Having a basic knowledge of hitting actions, tactics and the rules of the game
- Deliver Badminton England programmes such as:
- No Strings Sessions
- Racket Pack Lite
- Understand the badminton landscape
- Effectively support the development of clubs/ sessions
- Maximise the participant experience
How long does it take to complete?
The course takes place over two days.
What is the course structure?
Each course is structured as follows:
- Arrival and setting the scene
- My coaching philosophy
- My coaching kit bag
- Leading warm-ups and cool downs
- Experiencing Badminton England programmes
- Feeding & Differentiation
- Movement and the stroke cycle
- Underarm hitting
- Forehand overhead hitting
- Backhand overhead hitting
- The badminton landscape
- Fun games
Is there any pre-course work required to be completed away from the course?
The course is supported by two e-learning modules required to be completed prior to the course, these being:
- Coaching skills for foundation coaches
- Business skills for foundation coaches
These take approx. 1 hour to complete.
What is the assessment process?
The assessment for the course is an e-assessment module, required to be completed after the course. This is formed of 30 multiple choice questions, with a pass mark of 75%. Learners get three attempts to achieve this mark.
Are there any course pre-requisites?
Learners are required to be 16 years of age on the first day of the course.
How much does the course cost?
Badminton England member - £175
Non-Badminton England member - £195
Does the course include free Badminton England Coach Membership?
By attending this course, you will be eligible for a year’s free Coach Membership. This will require a DBS check to be completed through Badminton England, which is also free to volunteer coaches attending this course.
We encourage all coaches to become Badminton England Coach Members, this offers coaches:
- Specialist insurance cover that gives you peace of mind and allows you to focus on coaching
- Discounts of future coaching courses, CPD workshops or equipment
- Access to Badminton England’s Community Hub for Coaches, full of free resources, videos, session plans and CPD opportunities
- Increased profile through featuring on our coach finder tool
For more information on these benefits as well as a host of other benefits Coach Members can access please click here.
How do you find a course & book on?
Please click here to search dates and book onto a course local to you.
Require more information?
Please contact the Education & Training team on 01908 268400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.