Position: Catering Assistant
Location: National Badminton Centre, Milton Keynes
Hours: Working 15 hours per week, Saturday & Sunday 7am – 2.30pm
Salary grade: This is a grade 2 role offering £9 p/h
How does the role supports our vision:
The Barn-Restaurant at the National Badminton Centre is at the heart of everything that we do. Our team is crucial to the success of the Barn-Restaurant by providing a friendly, affordable, and tasty service for all our customers.
Here at the National Badminton Centre, you’ll find:
• The Barn-Restaurant
• Full sized, indoor, Badminton courts to use with friends
• The National Badminton Centre Lodge which is a 25-room hotel that offers a dedicated and friendly service
• Fully equipped gyms and studio’s
Our customers include employees based at the NBC, badminton players, badminton coaches, gym members and member of the public so there is never a dull day.
If you know that you can provide a great service for our customers, then we would like to hear from you.
The National Badminton Centre are seeking a part time Catering Assistant to become a crucial member of the Barn-Restaurant team. You will be responsible for the preparation of our fresh food, provide an outstanding customer service, as well as washing up and cleaning.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of being a multi-skilled team member assisting where required, this role includes different elements of managing food preparation, serving and end of shift clear downs
- Food Hygiene Level 2 & Food allergens Level 2 (on-site training can be provided)
- A real passion for delivering excellent customer service
- Be smart in appearance
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be energetic with a passion to do a great job
- Demonstrate a passion for food
- Have a can-do attitude and be a team player
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and 1 additional day for each year of service up to a maximum of 30 days (pro rata)
- Free onsite gym membership for you and a partner
- Book a badminton court, free of charge, based at the NBC
- Free onsite parking
- Occupational sick pay
- Free tickets to badminton events
- Free membership with Perkbox
To keep everyone safe, we will provide suitable equipment and have safety precautions in place.
If you like the sound of joining our cleaning team, then please submit your CV and tell us why you think you would be good for the job. We look forward to hearing from you!
Submissions are to be completed online by clicking here.
Applications to be received no later than Monday 4th October 2021.
Interviews to be held in October 2021.
If sufficient high-quality applications have been received, we reserve the right to close the position early. Please ensure that you apply without delay to avoid disappointment.
Badminton England is committed to equality & diversity and welcomes applications from everyone regardless of their gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, background or circumstances.