Position: Social Media and Content Intern
Responsible to: Head of Marketing
Office Location: Milton Keynes
Salary Grade: National living wage (£6,552 pa/pro rata)
Term: 6-9 months
Hours: 14 hours per week
Badminton England is the organisation for all things badminton in England for everyone who wants to get involved whatever age, ability or gender. Our people love playing, watching and supporting badminton. We want everyone in England to do the same and become part of the badminton community, whether as a player, coach, volunteer or fan.
With over a million players playing every month, badminton is the nation’s most played racket sport and the sixth biggest sport overall. We want to inspire everyone to play more, support louder and love badminton, from this generation to the next.
The unique qualities of badminton make it accessible and enjoyable for anyone and everyone. And we work collaboratively with our partners and stakeholders to provide traditional and innovative opportunities for all to be involved; from primary school programmes to adult social badminton, from clubs to counties, and from our world class coaching development to our major events delivery.
With Olympic success at the heart of our ambitions, we are investing our knowledge and expertise to build a quality future for our sport by strengthening and evolving the domestic game and developing talent to achieve success on the international stage, inspiring the next generation of players and fans.
Focus – pursuing goals with clarity, drive and determination
Ambition – striving to attain excellence with motivation and passion
Courage – having the confidence to evolve by making the right decisions for the right reasons
Teamwork – understanding and respecting each others’ roles and being a supportive unified team
To be one of the Nation’s most popular sports and consistently win medals at World, Olympic and Paralympic level
Social Media & Content Intern
- Are you passionate about playing or supporting badminton? Do you have a love of social media, content marketing and the universe of digital marketing and want to learn about the world of national governing bodies? If yes, then this internship opportunity at Badminton England is just right for you.
- Working within the Marketing Team, you will be at the forefront of promoting badminton to our UK and international audiences. Badminton England promotes and provides for all elements of badminton in England, from grassroots and schools activity, through to our Olympic and Paralympic athletes and the world’s premier badminton tournament (that’s what we think of it as), the YONEX All England championship.
Social Media & Content Intern Job Responsibilities (included but not limited to):
- Developing Badminton England and All England Championship social media accounts and increasing brand awareness and engagement
- Gathering, creating, curating and posting relevant content to Badminton England social and web channels and engaging the community.
- Brainstorms campaign ideas.
- Developing and integrating content marketing strategies
- Researching topics and writing posts.
- Responding to comments on behalf of Badminton England.
- Monitor various social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Analyse activity to gauge the success of campaigns.
- Provide suggestions to management for improving customer experience on social platforms and internal processes.
Who we are looking for?
You are an excellent communicator, out-of-the-box thinker and passionate content creator who is eager to translate your badminton knowledge into real life experience. We are expecting you to be well-organised and have a great command of written and verbal English. Knowledge of current and emerging social media platforms and trends as well as a passion for writing is a huge benefit as well as competence with graphic design.
What We Offer
- Insights into the national governing body and major sporting events
- National living wage salary (pro-rata 6-9 months)plus mentorship will be provided
- Start date flexible
- Duration of internship 6-9 months, working times can be flexible, expected 2-3 hours per day
What We Ask for
- Communication and engagement
- Problem solving
- At least finished college A levels
- The internship will be done remotely, so it is important for you to have access to a laptop /computer and internet
Submissions are to be completed online by clicking here.
Applications to be received no later than Friday 30 April 2021.
Interviews to be held in May 2021.
Badminton England is committed to equality & diversity and welcomes applications from everyone regardless of their gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, background or circumstances.