BADMINTON England aims to deliver the best possible service to our members, partners, stakeholders, players, volunteers and spectators – ‘our customers’.
In setting the standards outlined in the Charter, we give you, as well as ourselves, the means to judge our performance.
If our performance falls short of expectations, we will seek to rectify it as soon as possible.
This Charter was updated in March 2019. It is an evolving document and we are committed to an ongoing review of the standards we set ourselves.
We Are Here To Help
We are passionate about badminton; and recognise the role our customers play in developing and delivering our sport.
And we want to make sure you are satisfied at all times with the help and guidance we give you:
- Your satisfaction with the quality of our service will be an essential part of the performance and development of our staff
- Our investment into staff training in ensuring that we are best prepared to help you
- If we make a mistake we will not hide away from taking responsibility and will seek to resolve any matter quickly and fairly
- We want you to have confidence in our decisions. If the outcome is not what you hoped for, we will explain why
Keeping You Informed
BADMINTON England is a busy sporting environment and it is important to us that we keep you updated as quickly and as efficiently as possible. We will:
- Continually explore the best use of communication technology
- Keep our website updated ensuring that we continually seek to enable you to get the information you want as quickly as possible
- Publish a synopsis of the minutes of Board and General meetings on our website so that our actions are transparent
Responding To You
We will ensure our customers are treated in a professional and courteous manner
Our customers will receive accurate information, relevant to their enquiry / request
We welcome communication from our customers and will use all reasonable endeavours to respond to your enquiries within three working days
If sending an email and we are unable to send a full response to an enquiry within three working days, a holding response will be sent acknowledging receipt of the enquiry stating when a full reply can be expected.
If a member of staff is unavailable, an alternative colleague will be offered to if an urgent response is required If contacting us by telephone, and the person you are trying to reach is unavailable, a colleague will endeavour to help. If a colleague is not available, a voicemail will be activated explaining when you can expect a response.
What Happens When Things Go Wrong
Our staff will do their best to ensure that our service meets and, we hope, surpasses your expectations.
We realise, however, that things do occasionally go wrong but we commit to doing our best to put things right as quickly as possible.
To make a comment or complaint about any aspect of our service, please use the contact information below. We will reply within ten working days and respond in full within one month.
Our Staff Welfare
We ask our customers to respect our working day.
Badminton England are committed to providing outstanding customer service to our customers but do not expect our staff to respond to communication out of office hours or when they are on annual leave.
If a member of staff is on annual leave, their Out of Office or Voicemail will be activated help to redirect your enquiry.
Communication / Social Media
We expect our staff to be treated with respect at all times.
Comments made about any member of Badminton England staff, through any form of communication, including on any social media platform, must not:
- Contain spam, be defamatory of any person, deceive others, be obscene, threatening, abusive, hateful, inflammatory or promote sexually explicit material or violence;
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
In order to protect its staff / players / volunteers / organisation, Badminton England reserves the right to:
- Challenge any comments made via verbal, written or electronic communication
- Hide and/or delete comments made on their social media channels
- Ban users from its social media channels without notice
How To Contact Us
Our office hours are 09.00 and 17.00 Mondays – Thursdays and 09.00 and 15.30 on Fridays.
The office is closed at weekends, on Bank Holidays and over the Christmas/New Year holiday period.