Following the great success of the inaugural National Badminton Awards 2013, we are delighted to announce that they are back for a second year running.
The annual National Badminton Awards, in partnership with Wedlake Bell LLP, are the perfect excuse to sing the praises of the brilliant volunteers and players of our fantastic sport. Not only will the winners receive a well deserved spotlight; they will also have the pleasure of attending the 2014 ceremony.
We are now delighted to announce the winners of the National Badminton Awards 2014.
- Club of the Year (sponsored by Perkins Slade) Devon Racqueteers Wheelchair Badminton Club
- Coach of the Year (sponsored by Bluegreen Design Consultants) Harry and Barbara Jarvis
- Volunteer of the Year (sponsored by Yonex) Jeff Johnson
- Player of the Year (sponsored by Yonex) –Gabby and Chris Adcock
- Young Player of the Year (sponsored by Yonex) Chloe Birch
We received some great nominations and the below are some extracts from these:
Harry & Barbara Jarvis
“They continually challenge their athletes to push themselves to their limits and do better and better. Not only that, but they help make the sport fun.”
“His contributions have made a huge difference in many young people’s lives. He has used his skills and knowledge of the game to bring young people with learning disabilities together, building a secure environment for everyone to meet new friends, learn new skills, become more confident and believe in themselves.”
Devon Racqueteers Wheelchair Badminton Club
“The Devon Racqueteers badminton club is the largest wheelchair badminton club in the UK. Some of the members like the social side of meeting and playing together while others are amongst the best wheelchair players in the world.”
The full five categories are as follows:
- Club of the Year (sponsored by Perkins Slade)
- Coach of the Year (sponsored by Bluegreen Design Consultants)
- Volunteer of the Year (sponsored by Yonex)
- Player of the Year (sponsored by Yonex)
- Young Player of the Year (sponsored by Yonex)
The winners will be invited to bring up to two guests to join them at the National Badminton Awards ceremony. Additionally, the person who submitted the winning nomination will also be invited to join the celebrations.
The ceremony will be held on Friday 7 March 2014 in Birmingham, alongside the quarter finals of the Yonex All England Open Badminton Championships. Guests will enjoy a sumptuous three course lunch, during which our winners will receive their award. The winner and their guests will then watch the quarter finals at the nearby National Indoor Arena.
Remember to follow us on Twitter @BadmintonEnglnd using the hashtag #NBA14 or like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/badmintonengland
Should you have any questions relating to the National Badminton Awards, please email firstname.lastname@example.org