If you like to win in sport, being able to utilise and manage your mental attitude is critical. This applies whether you compete in local activities or are a world-class participant. This workshop is developed around the study of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), which explores how the mind works, how people communicate with others and how people perceive internal and external events. NLP provides a very effective route to identifying what accounts you attribure for the results you get - whether these are favourable or unfavourable results.
The workshop aims to increase your awareness of how you communicate with others, and will provide tools to enable you, should you wish, to alter your communication style, making it more effective, intentional and inspiring, which will inevitably lead to more positive results for both coach and player. You’ll learn to become masterful change agents for yourself and those around you. Your increased personal presence and everyday leadership conversations will connect with, engage and inspire your people to higher levels of involvement, enthusiasm, growth and success.
- Learn more about the model of communication
- Learn how to create rapport with their players and the benefit that this has on communication and learning
- Learn how to use the ‘language of persuasion’
- Understand how non-verbal communication (body language and tone of voice) affects the way they communicate with others
- Be able to put their players into a learning state which improves their ability to learn and understand
- Be able to use stories to increase understanding and learningFurther information, provided by the course tutor can be downloaded at the bottom on the page.
9:30am – 4:30pm (times may vary depending on venue)
Cost and Prerequisites
£60 – Standard price
£54 - BADMINTON England Registered Coaches
Whilst this course is aimed at coaches, there are no prerequisites of attendance, which means that anyone can attend should they have an interest.
How to book
Please complete the booking form at the bottom of the page and submit with a payment (cheque/card payment available) to BADMINTON England.