The Badminton England Young Leader Award (YLA) is an opportunity for leaders to develop skills that will assist them to lead and volunteer in their local badminton environment including SmashUp!. The award is aimed at anyone aged 13 and over and is delivered through a series of workshops, these being:
- Being a good leader
- Organising a session
- Leading a session
- Leading an event (Optional)
By the end of the course, candidates will be able to:
- Understand what makes a good Leader
- Communicate effectively
- Plan activities appropriate to the abilities of the group
- Demonstrate activities and use appropriate descriptions
- Organise a Primary Festival for young badminton players
- Assist in the delivery of SmashUp! sessions
- Organise a round of the National Schools Championships (Optional)
- Understand the basics of officiating badminton games and activities responsibly (Optional)
The YLA takes approximately six hours to complete.
Resources & Cost
All resources to deliver and support the YLA can be downloaded from our YLA Moodle page. In order to access this you will need to purchase a licence from Badminton England. Prices for a YLA licence can be found on the booking form below. The YLA can be delivered by teachers or by Badminton England specific tutors.
To purchase a YLA licence please complete and return the YLA Licence Application Form which can be downloaded from the bottom of this page.
If you have any further questions or would like more information please contact the Education Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01908 268400.