The aim of the register is:
To appoint Referees for all BADMINTON England sanctioned events from the Register;
To ensure that all Referees on the Register deliver consistently, as a result of a minimum level of education, understanding and experience.
As part of the Referees’ Register members benefits include:
- Membership of BADMINTON England
- Be covered under BADMINTON England’s Public Liability Insurance when refereeing in the United Kingdom
- BADMINTON England magazine (quarterly)
- BADMINTON England email newsletter (monthly)
- Discount on tickets to BE events
- Referees Membership Card
Membership of the Referees’ Register has a duration of 12 months from 1 April – 31 March and costs £15, however those who are affiliated as a BADMINTON England Coach – there is no extra payment to join the Register.
It is not currently a prerequisite for Referees to have attended a BADMINTON England Referee Course, however any Referee selected for Regional, National, International/World Refereeing Opportunities may have to at a future date, yet to be decided.
For further information please contact Nick Budden in the Events team: 01908 268400