The Dieppe Tournament was first played in November 1908 and was the first Open Badminton Tournament played on the Continent. Many of the top English players crossed the channel to take part and proved too strong for the French players. The Tournament was played from 1908 until 1914 and some reports in the Badminton Gazette describe it as the French Championships. Sadly the outbreak of war in 1914 caused it to be cancelled after the event was played in December 1914. By this time the standard of the French players had greatly improved. It was revived in 1922 but did not regain the status that it had enjoyed previously. The photographs show some of the players and officials in 1912.