Now in its 4th year, full members and associate members have the opportunity to enter their students into the BCS Badminton Knockout Cup. Full members can also enter into the regional tournaments via their Regional Co-ordinators.
TEAM KNOCK OUT CUP
Many colleges have badminton participants who enjoy playing but perhaps don’t yet play competitively. Below are a few suggestions for helping your college with developing competition opportunities, which will later help for team selection into the BCS Badminton competition.
- Intra College competition – use No Strings Badminton as a tool to introduce intra-competition and then progress to inter-college friendly competition with other colleges hosting No Strings Badminton sessions. The yoUR Sport resource is ideal to help set this up
- Ad-hoc local leagues – Similarly to NSB competition, we encourage colleges to form local friendly badminton leagues between yourself and neighbouring colleges or 6th form schools. As the BCS competition develops, these local leagues will be formalised to underpin sub-regional rounds - so great to get this started now!
- Students Vs Staff – set up challenge matches between staff and students, or between classes.
- One-off events – use Young Leaders to help you set up a one-off tournament that’s designed to get everyone and any ability playing relaxed competitive games.
- To enable the above to happen, more leaders and volunteers are needed. BADMINTON England offers two Awards that we encourage college students to take. Courses can be set up with help from your local BADMINTON England Regional Officer; visit the website to find out how to organise a course.
- Young Officials Award – an introduction to Officiating for 14 – 19 years old. A 4 hour course plus 10 hours experience. www.badmintonengland.co.uk/yoa
- Leader Award – an online Leadership Award for 16+ developing Event, Club & Activity Leaders. Sign up FREE OF CHARGE on www.badmintonengland.co.uk/leaderaward
- No Strings Badminton is essentially a nationally recognised pay and play scheme, franchised out to leisure facilities, colleges & universities to support them to attract new players. No Strings Badminton caters for the social / casual badminton player who enjoys playing regularly but is not interested (or confident enough) to enter formal BADMINTON England club and competition structures.
- No Strings Badminton is proving very popular with college students, so do consider taking up this opportunity as a route of encouraging semi-sporty young people into badminton.
- BADMINTON England offer colleges a special franchise fee rate and package:
FE Offer 1
An annual fee of £200: NSB sessions can be accessed by both students and community users, for a financial gain to the college (commercial option). Colleges will receive the standard franchise pack and additional benefits and promotions at a 50% discount rate (usual retail price is £400).
FE Offer 2
An annual fee of £100: NSB can be used for students and internal staff only. The college is limited to access one national promotion for the year (September – or nearest to September) plus a slightly revised franchise pack.
If No Strings Badminton is of interest to your college, please contact your BADMINTON England Regional Officer for further information, plus go to www.nostringsbadminton.co.uk
All BCS Badminton entrants are encouraged to become a BADMINTON England Premier College. The process isn’t too onerous; there a number of benefits as a result and the college will become fully integrated within their local Community Badminton Network. Speak to your Regional Officer or see details at: www.badmintonengland.co.uk/accreditation
Entry for the BCS Competition 2012-13 is now open please complete the College Affilation form for 2012-13 and the Intent to Enter form below and return to BCS. For any further information on the BSC please click here to be directed to the BCS website.
|Order of play - for 3 or 4 team formats||Results Table Templates|
|Info Sheet & Rules & Regulations||Tie Score Sheet|
|Young Leaders Championship Guide|