April 2012 All News
U15 Unofficial Team Selection
2012 U15 Home Counties Quadrangular
27-29 April 2012
• 2012 U15 H/C Quad – Team Event
To select a team of U14 players who are considered to have sufficient ability to realistically win the team event
• 2012 U15 H/C Quad – Individual Events
To select U14 players who are considered to have sufficient ability to win individual events
Fee Teng Liew
Primary Selection Criteria:
The Selectors will select players that in the Selectors’ view are fulfilling the below criteria in the most competitive and appropriate way:
• For Team Championships, the selection of boys and girls to enable the required flexibility to field different teams that are competitive in the format of the team event (MS – WS – MD – WD – MX). Each event to be covered by more than one player/pairing.
• For Individual Championships, the selection of players to fulfil the Performance Objectives identified above
• Results from junior domestic tournaments in 2011 and 2012 will be considered:
Nationals and U17 & U15 BADMINTON England Gold tournaments
• Results from junior international events in 2011 and 2012 will be taken into consideration
• Players who demonstrate long term world class potential and commitment, indicating the ability to perform under pressure evidenced through ‘fighting and competitive’ performances in high profile domestic or international tournaments.
• The player is capable of getting agreed time off from School for the entire period of the Championships.
The Team identified above is an ‘unofficial’ Team selected by the Selection Panel pending the 72 hour Appeal period. The Appeal period of 72hours is effective from 1.00pm on 3rd April 2012. The full Team will be confirmed after this time.
Please contact Matt Hanson, BADMINTON England Junior Performance Coach, by email in the first instance if you have any queries. firstname.lastname@example.org