2011 All News
Coach and Club Workforce Audit Survey Results
As some of you may remember in March 2010, we asked all coaches and clubs to complete a workforce audit survey. The survey ran from March – May 2010 and we were lucky enough for more than 400 coaches and 127 clubs to take part. Since then, BADMINTON England has been working with WA Consultancy and Skyblue research to analyse the data and we are now in a position to release the executive summaries – please see below -
Coaches – Executive Summary – click here…
Club – Executive Summary – click here…
The findings from each survey have helped shape our future workforce development planning. Our main action areas for the next three years (2011 – 2013) will be as follows –
1. Continue to deliver a programme of UKCC endorsed coaching qualification based on regional demand.
2. Implement a programme to develop and train Badminton Leaders.
3. Develop a ‘Continual Professional Development’ (CPD) programme for coaches.
4. Develop and manage a ‘coaches communications portal’ for badminton coaches and leaders*.
5. Continue to monitor our coaching workforce to ensure that we are always delivering what coaches want/need.
*The ‘coaches communication portal’ will be implemented shortly – all registered coaches (and newly qualified coaches) will have access to a secure coaches area on the BADMINTON England website. This area will contain informative coaching resources, forums plus lots more.
If you have any comments about anything in this article please contact the Education and Training Team at email@example.com or 01908 268400.
Thank you to everyone that completed the survey!