July 2010 All News
Introduction to the New CRB Form
As you may be aware, the Vetting and Barring Scheme (registration with the ISA) has been put on hold by the new government and is currently being reviewed. Despite the ISA registration scheme being put on hold, the introduction of the new CRB form will still be going ahead.
BADMINTON England is now issuing the new CRB form (purple form) to applicants. Documents providing guidance on how to complete the new forms are downloadable from the www.badmintonengland.co.uk/crbandisa
With the introduction of the new form, it is vital that verifiers sign up via the website to become a BADMINTON England Approved verifier. (www.badmintonengland.co.uk/crbandisa)
Criteria for being a BADMINTON England Approved Verifier
The individual must:
- be a current BADMINTON England Member
- register with BADMINTON England as a verifier
- have been CRB checked and cleared by BADMINTON England within the last 3 years
- have read the e-learning guidance provided by CRB on how to complete the new forms and sign to confirm that you have done so
- be in a position to make decisions about who is deployed within organisation, normally a committee member, or a BADMINTON England Regional Officer or Manager (for the purposes of the Coaching Register)
We would like all junior clubs and clubs that conduct CRB checks to appoint one or more committee members (or suitable others) to act as verifiers. Currently, the role of the verifier is normally being carried out by the club or county Welfare Officer. They can continue to be the appointed verifier, but they do not have to be the only one to take on that role. However, anyone wishing to act as a verifier must sign up via the website, even if they have been previously carrying out this role. A confirmation email will be sent to the club/county main contact and to the applicant to confirm that they have been registered.
Please note that forms may be returned for re-verification if a non-registered verifier is used.
If you have any questions about any of the above please contact email@example.com or call 01908 268400 and ask to speak to the Education and Training Team.