June 2007 All News
Funding for Level 2 Courses in the South East
The On Track project seeks to expand and up-skill the Coaching base across the South East region by providing NGB and UKCC qualifications initially, as well as NVQ levels 1, 2 and 3 to a total of 210 beneficiaries. Learners will be provided with totally free and flexible training covering a wide breadth of issues relevant to coaching. They will be supported via mentors, enhanced assessors and Action Learning Sets as well as individually tailored learning packages. The project will also create an on-line forum for all coaches across the region in order to enable and encourage communication between coaches.
The project involves a large partnership between organisations across the South East to ensure appropriate provision for the individual whilst raising the profile of coaching in the region.
Badminton coaches are able to benefit from this funding as BADMINTON England has secured a number of subsidised places for candidates taking the UKCC endorsed Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Badminton. The number of places is currently limited to 15, with the possibility of more places later in the year, therefore places will be allocated following an application process, see below for eligibility and the criteria that will be used to select candidates.
Candidates must live in one of the following counties in order to be eligible:
- Isle of Wight
- Be at least 18 years old
- Live in the South-East of England (see above)
- Hold the 1st4Sport Level 1 Certificate in Coaching Badminton Qualification or BADMINTON England Level 1 Award
- Be working alongside a more qualified badminton coach
- Be coaching within a club or school environment
- Be available to coach independently after gaining the qualification during school hours or after school clubs or club evening sessions
- Be available to attend a Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Badminton course within the next 6 months
- Be willing to undergo a CRB check and attend Child Protection training
- Be an up to date member of the BADMINTON England Coaching Register
If you have any questions about this project then please contact your local Development Officer, details of which can be found on the link below:
If you wish to apply then please complete the relevant application form, including details of references and return to Tom Duggan - Regional Development Manager South East by email firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 31st July 2007.